Sunday, April 15, 2012

Typical Friday Night


On Friday night I had the house to myself. This is pretty rare, and so I thought that I'd take advantage of it

I cooked. 

I played guitar as loudly as I could. 

I did some yoga and meditation. 

I set off my fire alarms. 

Typical Friday night, right?

Let me start by saying that I don't do yoga very often, and I'm pretty poor at it when I do. My brother got me a yoga mat for Christmas a few years ago, and it hasn't done much other than sit in the back of my closet...

I do really enjoy doing yoga, and meditating though, clearing my mind, relaxing and letting things go. So on Friday, I thought that I'd go all out. I would do yoga, in the dark, with candles lit. It started off well, I did some sun salutations, relaxed a little, and then decided to meditate a bit before I continued. 

Ah, there I was, sitting calmly on my floor, legs crossed, eyes closed, focused on my breathing, watching my thoughts flow out of my head....So relaxed....

I've set fire alarms off before, it's part of how graceful I am.

I don't remember them being so high pitched.

 Maybe it's because I managed to set two of them off at once. 

Any relaxation that I had achieved flew out my very closed window. I don't know how I scrambled across the room so quickly. Candles were out, pull my rolling chair across the floor to press the button on the one in my room, and the more dangerous one by a very steep set of stairs in the hallway. Fans on, windows open, and then finally, I thought I had peace. 

BEEP BEEP BEEP.

Can those things get any more high pitched? I'm sure even my neighbors were scrambling now. Back onto the rolling chair, holding on to the wall for dear life trying to hit a tiny little button to send my world back in to quiet. 

So much for relaxing... 

I think next time, I'll rethink my meditation routine. 

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment