Monday, April 23, 2012

T is for... Tea



            Lately I have been on a major tea kick. I've always considered myself more of a coffee kind of girl. It's pretty rare when I go a day without coffee...but tea? Well, usually I would only drink it consistently when I was at my parents house.
           
My parents are have a routine. Coffee in the morning, green tea at night. Growing up, I completely ignored this routine. Now? I definitely take part.

Now don't get me wrong, I do love me some tea. A few years ago I discovered this place in East Grand Rapids (which is now conveniently in walking distance) called Global Infusion.

Global Infusion, apart from being all fair trade goods from all over the world, also has a wall of loose leaf teas and spices. Anyway, a while back, I got this kind called Ambrosia white, and lately have been mixing it with ginger in my awesome strainer.

Speaking of ginger, the other day when I was at the grocery store, I was picking out some, and this woman came up to me and asked me what I knew about ginger. This woman was about my mother's age, and so I felt pretty cool about sounding knowledgeable about health benefits and uses. She asked me how to store it, what it was good for, and how much she needed for her dressing recipe.

You should try ginger in your tea...if you haven't yet.

On the other side of things, today has been one of those days when everything seems to go wrong. Do other people have those days too?

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment