Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A clean room keeps the doctor away?



As I mentioned briefly yesterday, it was one of those days that did not go well for me. I woke up, and made bad coffee, and couldn't print my resume, and couldn't find my shoe, and got lost, and was late, and all sorts of other stuff.

 It was one of those days that I wanted to start over, And so, exhausted, I did. I took a probably 20 minute nap, and woke up even more tired, but then decided, that I needed to do something productive to make up for all the bad morning experiences. And so I got down to work, first by making good coffee (which is a sure sign of productivity...right?)

 I have one of those rooms that no matter how many times you clean it, it never stays clean for more then a few days (depending on how busy I am). Now here, of course, I am blaming it on the room, because obviously I have nothing to do with it....right? Good, I'm glad you agree.

And so, a few weeks late, I did some serious spring cleaning on my room, I pulled out the bed, dusted, mopped, swept, organized, while blasting the soundtrack to Amelie. (which is an awesome movie, if you haven't seen it, though be prepared for subtitles, it's in French!)

It was a long overdue cleaning. I always have the standpoint that we live in houses not museums, so if it's not spotless it's not such a big deal (Except for the kitchen, that's a different story, or I suppose, if we're having visitors over, especially my mother.) But the amount of dust that I swept up.... well we'll leave that to your imagination.

I'm always more productive when my room is clean, I'm not entirely sure why...it's a mental thing. Clean work space? Organized chaos....

Except For the next couple weeks, I'm probably not going to be able to find anything.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment